The forum focused on the theme of generative design for modular buildings in the architecture, engineering, and construction (AEC) sector. The Forum lined up speakers from different backgrounds (e.g., architecture, engineering, material, construction, and others) from different top universities (e.g., HKU, CUHK, HK PolyU, TU Delft, Tsinghua University, Tongji University, Melbourne University, National University of Singapore, and so on). Prof. Chris Webster, Dean of Faculty of Architecture at HKU, opened the Forum by sharing his experiences on generative design in urban scale and his views on AI (e.g., ChatGPT) in urban and architectural design. The cutting-edge research and development by these scholars and practitioners was presented and exchanged on the Forum.
- On Sep 4 2023, Prof. Bin Chen, Prof. Delin Wang And Dr. Saige Wang from Beijing Normal University, visited iLab
- Siyuan Meng (RA REC) and Fan Xue won an Outstaning Paper Award in CRIOCM2023
- Prof. Lu delivered a keynote speech on “Blockchain and IoT-enabled Supply Chain Management for MiC“ on the ”4th Blockchain in Construction Research Workshop (BCRW 2023)” 28 – 30 August 2023 | Forum Digital Technologies, Berlin
- Prof. Lu delivered a keynote speech on the Closed-Door Roundtable on BIM in Developing Countries organised by the Asian Development Bank Institute
- Professor Lu has been promoted to chair professor, with effect from 1 July 2023!